Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

pennants, maladies and seat racing


It's Tuesday and it's raining (typical England, right?). But as much as the rain sucks I'd much more rather be out in the rain at Caversham (where the GB squad train) to assist with my guys' seat racing than stuck here on the sofa with whatever malady is plaguing me. I do not know what's wrong with me- headache that comes and goes, a tired and wiped out feeling. No appetite (the only positive to this mystery). I feel like I've got an endless hangover. And NO, I did not party THAT hard on Saturday night. I really didn't drink much at all. Must have been the Tideway I accidentally* drank whilst calling a piece during training before the 8's head.

Speaking of the 8's head and partying ... you might have well painted everything pink on Saturday. Leander owned the Thames. Our 1st 8+ of mostly squad guys won the whole thing & set a new course record. Our 2nd 8+ (the lightweights) won the lightweight pennant and finished 4th- the highest our lwts have EVER finished in the race. A big congrats especially to my sweetheart of a boyfriend- John Preston- who sat in 2 seat and helped make that boat go so quickly!

MY 8+, Leander III, finished .07 seconds out of the top 10 (11th). We won the senior pennant. The 4th 8+ was full of blossoming youngsters and while they didn't win a pennant they blew past TONS of people! #36... #37.... #44! (or something like that). WELL DONE LEANDER! So today's lesson is if you want to go fast and win stuff go row for Leander (also, DO NOT drink the tideway- heck, avoid it all costs costs if possible). Until next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment