Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

it's been a while


Well hello there! It has been a while hasn't it? My sincerest apologies to anyone who actually reads this thing; I have been pretty busy coxing, coaching, being a movie star (yes, more below...), traveling. But fear not! I intend to try to post more often... and I mean it this time.

So recap: I got to cox at Henley Royal this year in the Ladies Plate with the "B" boat at Leander which was a lot of fun. Yes, having a length put on us by the end of the island by Harvard was tons of fun! No, seriously, it was a great experience. I'm so lucky to have had the opportunity to race and be a semi-finalist; I am one lucky girl.

On top of coxing and coaching for Henley I got to do a lot of coxing for a movie. Yes! you heard me right- a real movie... It's out on October 1st in the states; October 15th in the UK. (http://www.thesocialnetwork-movie.com/) Be sure to check it out! Basically the story is that the Winklevoss twins raced in the final of the 2004 Grand Challenge Cup v the Dutch Olympic Team (stroked by Michiel, how ironic...) and lost. It was the catalyst that caused them to take Mark Zuckerberg to court. So my Leander teammates and I portrayed the Harvard (that's me!) boat and the Hollandia boat. We did two filming runs during finals at HRR and then a week and a half of filming at Dorney Lake for a total of about 2 1/2 min of screen time. Wicked cool.

Beyond that I went to Scotland for half a week. I didn't get to race at Nat Champs because it was so far away and no one sent coxed boats (no one I knew anyway) but my teammates and friends were racing so I came for moral support and a vacation. I took a day and was very touristy in Edinburgh- where I thought of my parents a lot since they spent some time there, oh about 25 years ago....

Other than that I'm back in Henley, enjoying the summer until we start training as a group again at the end of August. Still looking for a job (because making movies is cool but not reliable employment) and just enjoying life. Because after all- you should live life to the fullest, right? Photos from Henley, Yorkshire and Scotland are all on facebook. Until next time ... adventure is out there! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment