Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

long time no post...

Ok so to everyone who actually reads this I just want to say I'm sorry for not posting anything in a few weeks. Things are getting busy in a good kind of way. I am at Leander regularly (i.e. every day unless told otherwise or I'm sick) for practice and I've even gotten to cox a few times. It's mostly when Zoe (our other resident cox) is sick or has a conflict or e.g. when we took the lwt 8 out this past Friday. I am just happy to have the opportunity to train at Leander and am taking nothing for granted. I'm expecting nothing but preparing for anything. As someone once said "unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game... it's such a surprise". I think taking everything with an open mind and a positive attitude is the perfect recipe to accomplish great things.

That being said I'm looking forward to the summer. Everyone here is so nice and just genuine. They all want to train hard with you but be good friends too- something I didn't find in Philly or even most training centers in the states. People were just so "cold" or closed and less willing to open up and let you be "part of the gang". So I've made friends and am just happy. On that note I'm going to end this post but I end it with a promise to TRY to update more frequently so you have something read when you're bored out of your mind or fed up with facebook or just want to see how things are going. Thanks for checking in and remember to have a mini adventure of your own every day! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment