Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One week anniversary

Well it's been a week. And what a week it's been. I have come to a few conclusions:

1) I miss Heidi. I miss my running buddy.
2) commuting from London to Henley and back is a) not fun and b) expensive
3) Everything here is expensive
4) Henley is gorgeous and Leander only makes it even better. Henley is going to be fantastic whether I'm racing or not
4) I'm such entertainment for everyone via my pronunciation of such words like "bottle"
6) Did I mention it's expensive?
7) Cars are costly but I really want one
7) I did not bring enough warm clothes as it just happened to be really cold this week
9) I am addicted to oatmeal and have been experiencing oatmeal withdrawal (if that's even possible)
10) I will be spending my 25th birthday in England. And have no idea how I'm supposed to celebrate this kind of "milestone" ... maybe I'll convince all those hot boys I'm newly friends with to come out Saturday night?

In the past week I've gotten a bank account, a sim card (but no phone with which to use it since apple is ....), almost found a job, almost found a room in Henley, got stranded at Dorney Lake, learned to use the Tube and buses, decided Hyde Park is a great place to run, realized how much I love (via missing) my [family, dog, friends, walk in closet, pistachio larabars, kale smoothies, the discovery channel, history channel and Vanguard- yes, I said I miss my corner cube...], and made plenty of new friends. I've been here a week and I feel like I could end up staying forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment