Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Volcanos are not good for coxing adventures...

So here we are, almost a week after I was supposed to be in the UK and I'm stuck, stranded here in the US. Despite my daily efforts to find a new flight out since mine was canceled, the earliest flight my airline could offer me is on the 27th!!! (unless I can find a cool $5000 for a new reservation on one of the few seats available) Eeek! That means I'll arrive in the UK a solid week and a half after I was supposed to. Things are not exactly off to a great start. But I'm not giving up- I haven't even gone anywhere yet! This is just turning out to be an exercise in patience. A lot of patience.

Regardless, it just means that this adventure is starting on with well, some adventure. Next will be to see how well I handle wheeling two big duffels around plus a smaller "carry on" and an overstuffed back pack through JFK, Heathrow and then the train to my initial abode. My new title will be luggage wrangler. I'll be sure to take pictures.

So until next time, remember that "adventure is out there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment